Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It generates a large amount of network traffic activity with the consequent consumption of bandwidth.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, through instant messaging.
|First detected on:||Dec. 21, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||Dec. 21, 2009|
Koobface.HE is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It injects itself in running processes.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
Koobface.HE uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Instant messaging: it sends links pointing to a copy of itself to all users included in the infected user's contacts list.