Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It prevents the user from working with the computer properly, as the computer starts beeping through the internal speaker and the mouse and the keyboard cannot be properly used, among other actions. It does not spread automatically by its own means.
|First detected on:||March 1, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||March 3, 2009|
Whizz.A is a Trojan which prevents the user from working properly with the computer, as it carries out several annoying actions. For example, the computer starts beeping continuously through its internal speaker and the mouse and the keyboard cannot be properly used.
Additionally, it prevents the computer from being restarted in Safe mode.
Whizz.A does not spread automatically by its own means. It needs an attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer.
Whizz.A is easy to recognize, as when it is run, it carries out the following actions:
- It displays messages like the following on the screen:
One of them contains the text below:
Hallo du Nase dein PC ist schrott
- Then, the computer starts beeping through its internal speaker.
- The mouse pointer keeps moving and the keyboard cannot be used properly.
- It opens the CD/DVD tray.
- The screen is progressively covered with bars like the following until it is completely covered with them: