Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It deceives users and warns them of unexisting threats in their computers. In order to eliminate them, they are enticed to purchase a certain program. It can be downloaded from the website belonging to the company that has developed it.
|First detected on:||Dec. 30, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 8, 2009|
ExpressAntivirus2009 is an adware program that deceives users warning them of unexisting threats in their computers so that they purchase a certain program that removes them from the computer.
Additionally, it carries out several modifications in the Windows Registry which prevent the user from working with the computer as usual:
- Running files and doing searches in a fast and straight way, as it disables the Run and Search features from the Start menu.
- View the processes that are being run through the Task Manager.
- View the content of all the system drives of the affected computer.
ExpressAntivirus2009 can be voluntarily downloaded from the website belonging to the company that has developed it.
ExpressAntivirus2009 is easy to recognize as, it shows the following symptoms:
- It reaches the computer with the following icon:
- When it is run, it is installed and the computer is restarted.
- Once restarted, it scans the computer in search for possible malware:
- Additionally, it prevents the user from viewing the content of the system drives. When any of them is accessed, the following message is displayed: