Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out plenty of modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the computer from working properly. It disables several functions of the Start menu, such as Search, and applications such as the Task Manager. It spreads via the shared and mapped drives.
|First detected on:||Sept. 2, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 3, 2008|
AutoKitty.A is a worm that carries out plenty of modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the user from working with the computer as usual.
These modifications prevents the user from carrying out the following actions, among others:
- Doing searches and run files in a fast and straight way, as it disables the options Search and Run from the Start menu.
- Viewing the processes that are being run through the Task Manager.
- Modifying the configuration of the features of the folders.
- Displaying the context menu, that is, the one that appears when right clicking the mouse.
AutoKitty.A spreads via shared and mapped drives, making copies of itself in them.
AutoKitty.A is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It reaches the computer in a file with the icon of Hello Kitty:
- It modifies the Internet Explorer start page, changing it to the following:
- It modifies the window title of the Internet Explorer websites, adding the following text:
Yours truly, Kitty Kat