Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out plenty of modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the computer from working properly. It disables several functions of the Start menu, such as Search, and applications such as the Task Manager. It does not spread automatically by its own means.
|First detected on:||June 15, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||June 15, 2008|
NoFreedom.A is a Trojan that carries out plenty of modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the user from working with the computer as usual.
These modifications prevent the user from carrying out the following actions, among others:
NoFreedom.A does not spread automatically by its own means.
- Doing searches and running files in a fast and straight way, as it disables the option Search and Run from the Start menu.
- Viewing the processes that are being run through the Task Manager.
- Modifying the configuration of the features of the folders.
- Turning off the computer, as it disables this option of the Start menu.
NoFreedom.A is easy to recognize, as it displays the following symptoms:
- It reaches the computer in a file with the following icon:
- When it is run, it opens the directory My Computer:
- Then, it opens the Internet Explorer browser and connects to the YouTube website to display a video of a cartoon program.