Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It uses the infected computer to take malicious actions on other users.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, via IRC, through instant messaging.
|First detected on:||Jan. 28, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 28, 2008|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
MsnSend.E is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
MsnSend.E uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- IRC: It sends a copy of itself to all users connected to the channel to which the infected user is connected.
- Instant messaging: it sends links pointing to a copy of itself to all users included in the infected user's contacts list.