Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Its main objective is to spread via MSN Messenger and affect as many computers as possible. Additionally, it downloads an update of itsef from a certain website.
|First detected on:||Jan. 11, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 11, 2008|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
MSNworm.BU is a worm whose main objective is to spread and affect as many computers as possible. The means it uses to spread is the instant messaging program MSN Messenger.
Additionally, it connects to certain websites, from which it downloads an update of itself and a text file which contains the texts it uses to spread.
MSNworm.BU is easy to recognize, as it reaches the computer via the instant messaging program MSN Messenger, in one of the following instant message, which contains a compressed file:
- AHAH u gotta see this!:D
- can I put this pic of you on my facebook?:D
- check it out, I cant believe I used to look like this
- dont you know this girl?
- haha do you really look like on this pic?
- haha I found your pic on facebook
- haha it looks like you:p
- haha it's a pic of my parents when they were young:D
- haha omg look at this, pic of me as a kid
- haha show this to everyone you know
- hahaha accept:
- have you seen this?:S looks like you
- I cant remember anything from this picture:D
- Is this really YOU?:D:D
- is this you?:S
- pic of me as a kid:D
- Send this to everyone in your list :P
The following image is an example of the type of instant messages it sends: