Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out damaging actions on the affected computer.
, across the Internet, by infecting files that are then distributed.
|First detected on:||July 31, 2007|
|Detection updated on:||July 31, 2007|
Dowlod.A is a virus that spreads to other computers by copying its code to other files or programs.
Dowlod.A uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- File infection: it infects different types of files, which are then distributed through any of the usual means: floppy disks, email messages with attachments, Internet download, files transferred via FTP, IRC channels, P2P file sharing networks, etc.
Dowlod.A uses the following infection strategies:
- Polymorphic: it encrypts itself in a different way with each infection it carries out. In order to do this, it uses different keys and operations. As a result, the virus has different characteristics in each new infection, which makes it difficult for antivirus pro-grams to detect this virus.
- Encrypted: it encrypts its code in order to make it difficult to detect. In order to carry out its infection, the virus decrypts itself and, once infection has been carried out, it encrypts itself again.