Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
|First detected on:||Dec. 18, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Dec. 18, 2006|
Feebs.HE is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
Feebs.HE accesses several websites to download files, which it then runs. These can be any type of file, although they are normally malware.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
It uses several methods in order to avoid detection by antivirus companies:
- It prevents scanning tools from running, such as Windows Registry Editor, FileMonitor, etc.
- It terminates its own execution if it detects that a debugging program is active.
Feebs.HE uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.