Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It mass mails junk mail (spam).
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
It does not spread automatically using its own means.
|First detected on:||Nov. 26, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Nov. 26, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Alanchum.LO is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
- On remote sites: it mass mails junk mail (spam).
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It injects itself in running processes.
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
Alanchum.LO uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Downloader.LNL.