Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet, via mapped drives.
|First detected on:||Nov. 16, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Nov. 16, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
SlowMy.A.worm is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns; it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
SlowMy.A.worm uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.