Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
It downloads files from several websites.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||Oct. 1, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Oct. 1, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Nabload.OO is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
Nabload.OO accesses several websites to download files, which it then runs. These can be any type of file, although they are normally malware.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
Nabload.OO uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
Nabload.OO is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.