Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It causes the slowdown of the system, preventing planned tasks from being carried out.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||May 17, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||May 17, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Agent.CEB is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It injects itself in running processes.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
Agent.CEB uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.