Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It downloads or drops other malware.
It changes the security settings of Internet Explorer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||May 3, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||May 3, 2006|
Dropper.SX is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
downloads or drops other malware on the computer: Jeefo.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
Dropper.SX uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.