Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It carries out actions that decrease the security level of the computer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
by exploiting vulnerabilities, across the Internet, via mapped drives, through shared network resources.
|First detected on:||March 16, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||March 16, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Sdbot.GUR is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level; it awaits remote-control orders received through
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
Sdbot.GUR uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
The vulnerabilities exploited are MS05-012, MS04-011.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.
- Computer networks (shared resources): it creates copies of itself in shared network resources to which it has access.