Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It uses the infected computer to take malicious actions on other users.
It carries out actions that decrease the security level of the computer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, via IRC.
|First detected on:||March 14, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||March 14, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
IRCBot.UU is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer and takes action that compromises user confidentiality; it awaits remote-control orders received through
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
IRCBot.UU uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- IRC: It sends a copy of itself to all users connected to the channel to which the infected user is connected.