Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It displays pop-up messages when it runs, distracting users and affecting productivity.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||Feb. 25, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||May 7, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Clicker.OE is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it displays pop-up windows.
Clicker.OE uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Hdloker.D.
Clicker.OE is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.