There are two lists of connection methods:
- Access list: Contains the connection methods you configure.
- Fallback list: This is a non-editable list included by default in Adaptive Defense 360.
If a connection method appears in both lists, it is automatically removed from the fallback list.
This list contains the access methods you configure. The agent traverses the list from the start when it needs to connect to the cloud. After it finds an access method that works, the agent continues to use it until it fails, at which point Adaptive Defense 360 traverses the list from the start again until it finds one that works. If the solution reaches the end of the list without finding an access method that works, it searches for one in the fallback list. See Fallback list.
Go to the Aether console, click the Settings tab, go to Network settings, select or add a new policy, access Proxy and click on the + sign:
The connection types supported in the access list are:
- Do not use proxy
Direct access to the Internet. Computers access the Panda Security cloud directly to download updates and send status reports. If you select this option, the Panda Adaptive Defense 360 software will communicate with the Internet using the computer settings.
- Corporate proxy
Access to the Internet via a proxy installed on the company's network.
- Address: the proxy server's IP address.
- Port: the proxy server's port.
- The proxy requires authentication: select this option if the proxy requires a user name and password.
- User name: the user name of an existing proxy account.
- Password: the password of the proxy account.
- Automatic proxy discovery using Web Proxy.
- Autodiscovery Protocol (WPAD)
Queries the network via DNS or DHCP to get the discovery URL that points to the PAC configuration file. Alternatively, you can directly specify the HTTP or HTTPS resource that hosts the PAC configuration file.
- Panda Adaptive Defense 360 proxy
Access to the cloud through a computer on the network with the Panda proxy role assigned. An access list can contain multiple proxies. For more information about the access limitations of a Panda Adapative Defense 360 proxy and how to assign that role to a computer on the network, see Panda Adaptive Defense 360 proxy role.