When your Panda product for macOS starts, macOS might block the kernel extensions necessary for Panda to work and you might get the following notifications:
- System Extension Blocked on macOS.
- Your computer is not protected notification displayed by your Panda product for macOS.
The reason for this is that macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave) and 10.15 (Catalina) contain a security feature which requires a user approval before loading new third-party kernel extensions. Refer to this TechNote
for more details.
To resolve it, you need to manually approve the Panda kernel extension. To find out how, please check out the instructions below:Solution
- Click OK if you get the System Extension Blocked message or click the Open System Preferences button:
- From System Preferences, click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom left to allow changes.
- Click the Allow button next to System software from developer "Panda Security" was blocked from loading.