Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Bagle.U?
First of all, check if you have received an e-mail message with the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission.
In order to make absolutely sure that Bagle.U has not affected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Security client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Security's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Bagle.U?
Above all, if you have received a message with any of the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission, do not run the attached file and delete the message, making sure that you also delete it from the Deleted Items folder.
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects Bagle.U during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
If you are a Panda Security client:
For specific instructions on how to eliminate all traces of this threat using your Panda solution, click here.
If you are not a Panda Security client:
- If you have Netscape Navigator installed and experience problems downloading Panda QuickRemover, follow these instructions: 1 Right-click on the icon. 2 Select the option Save link as.... 3 Select the folder in which to save it.
After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millennium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Bagle.U?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- If you have filtering tools installed, configure them to reject messages with the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission. If, in spite of doing this, you receive the message that contains the virus: do not open it, do not run the attached file and delete it, making sure that you also delete it from the Deleted Items folder.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.