Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Slammer?
In order to find out if your computer is infected by Slammer, check if the network traffic through UDP port 1434 has significantly increased or if the server has slowed down or blocked.
How to remove Slammer?
In order to remove Slammer, install Service Pack 3, which is available from Microsoft's website.
How can I protect my computer from Slammer?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- If you have SQL Server 2000 or Desktop Engine (MSDE) 2000, install Service Pack 3, which is available from Microsoft's website.
- If your network infrastructure allows it, block port 1434 in the firewall or in the router.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.