Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Chir.B?
First of all, check if you have received an e-mail message with the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission.
In order to make absolutely sure that Chir.B has not infected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Software client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Software's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Chir.B?
Above all, if you have received a message with any of the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission, do not run the attached file and delete the message, making sure that you also delete it from the Deleted Items folder.
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects Chir.B during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
Finally, restore the original configuration of your computer by following the instructions below:
Restart the computer.
- In order to make sure that Chir.B is completely eliminated from your computer, carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan.
- For instructions on how to modify the Windows Registry, click here.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Chir.B?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- If you have Internet Explorer v. 5.01 or higher installed on your computer, download the security patch from the Microsoft website. Access the Microsoft security bulletin.
- Disable Outlook's Preview pane feature (you can find this option in Outlook's View menu).
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.