Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Michelangelo?
Check if any anomalies occur when you start your computer or if information has been deleted from the hard disk.
In order to make absolutely sure that Michelangelo has not infected your computer, you have the following options:
Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn’t and you are a registered Panda Software client, update it by clicking here.
Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Software’s free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Michelangelo?
If your Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects Michelangelo during the scan, follow these instructions in order to delete it:
- Insert a clean boot disk with your PC switched off. It is advisable that you use a disk created with your antivirus.
- Start your computer and wait until the system symbol A:\> appears on screen.
- Scan your hard disk and every floppy disk with your antivirus program. If you use Panda Antivirus, write PAVCL/ ALL/ CLV/ AEX/ AUT.
- Press Enter.
- When Michelangelo is detected, choose to disinfect it.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Michelangelo?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- Scan all the floppy disks you use with your antivirus.
- Write-protect floppy disks, by sliding the tab upwards.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses, click here.