Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Stuxnet.A?
In order to make absolutely sure that Stuxnet.A has not affected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Security client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Security's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Stuxnet.A?
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects Stuxnet.A during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Stuxnet.A?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- If you have a Windows 2008/7/Vista/2003/XP computer, access the web page for downloading the patch that solves the vulnerability exploited by Stuxnet.A.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses and other threats, click here.