- The solution offers high performance and real-time protection against all types of Internet-borne malware and spam, blocking non-productive or potentially dangerous Web activity thanks to a hybrid security cloud in the perimeter
- It efficiently integrates in VMWare virtualized environments in clients’ infrastructure, delivering the best protection at the optimum price
- Its simple installation and management and the control it gives clients over their data, Web activity, employee productivity and business resources make it the ideal solution for companies with 50 to 10,000 employees
Panda Security, the Cloud Security Company, has announced the launch of its new perimeter protection, Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa, which delivers cloud-based protection for VMWare virtualized environments. Companies can now protect their perimeter by harnessing the virtualized servers already installed on most networks to provide an effective solution against all types of IT threats. This solution also offers major cost-savings compared to a traditional solution, distributed with the corresponding hardware.
Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa delivers high performance protection against all types of Internet-borne malware and spam. It blocks non-productive or potentially dangerous Web activity using a hybrid security cloud in the perimeter, increasing the protection capacity and reducing resource usage to a minimum.
The hybrid cloud used by the new virtual appliance combines a private cloud, hosted on a private network and which provides service to Panda GateDefender Performa and a public cloud, which provides service to a global network and also to the private cloud (Collective Intelligence).
In this way, users benefit from the full knowledge potential of the cloud, thanks to its real-time connection to Collective Intelligence, an automatic system that detects, analyzes, classifies and detects 99.4% of the 73,000 new malware strains received every day by our antimalware laboratory, PandaLabs.
Leveraging of a hybrid cloud represents a significant step forward in perimeter security, as it gives companies total control over their data, including log files and registries, without this feature degrading the detection capacity. This means that no data is sent to the cloud for analysis, except for certain traces with a high level of encryption.
Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa is the only SCM (Secure Content Management) solution that achieves the operational objectives of virtualized environments: cost efficiency, application consolidation and simplicity.
Main features include:
- Integrated proactive threat detection: Combining the capacity of Collective Intelligence to detect all types of malware, cloud technologies, heuristic engines and quarantines.
- Complete protection: Delivering best-of-breed protection against potentially dangerous content, spam and non-productive Web content. It can even monitor P2P/IM/VoIP/Spotify protocols.
- Zombie detection: It includes a module highly specialized in detecting and disinfecting bots in corporate networks, both on individual computers and on mail servers.
- Automatic protection: It offers continuous and transparent updates of signatures and technologies in real-time, guaranteeing that the virtual appliance operates more effectively in ‘hands-free’ mode.
- Integration with LDAP/ActiveDirectory and granular profiles, guaranteeing that security policies are applied following the standards for creating risk groups, network users, etc.
- High scalability: The load balancing function ensures maximum availability
- Quality of Service (QoS): Managing bandwidth to ensure optimum network performance
- Customized security warnings, sent via SMTP, SNMP and Syslog
- Easy-to-follow security reports to support policy compliance requirements and audit trails
- Real-time security monitoring: The management dashboard provides real-time graphic reports on the activity of each protection module
- User-friendly and intuitive Web console, accessible anytime, anywhere
The new Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa is available for trial at: https://www.pandasecurity.com/enterprise/solutions/virtual-gatedefender-performa/