- From among nearly 600 candidates innovating in several fields, Panda Security has been chosen as “Runner-up” in the Network Security category
- “This international recognition validates our strategy centered on technological innovation, thanks to which we deliver the best protection without impacting the performance of the systems of our home users and corporate clients ”, says Juan Santana, CEO of Panda Security
Panda Cloud Antivirus, the home user solution launched by Panda Security –The Cloud Security Company– in November 2009, has received one of the most prestigious international awards, having been chosen as “Runner-Up” in the network security category of the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation awards.
According to Juan Santana, CEO of Panda Security, “We are proud to receive this award from the Wall Street Journal, not just because we have been selected from among numerous candidates around the world, but also because this international recognition validates our strategy centered on technological innovation, thanks to which we deliver the best protection without impacting the performance of the systems of our home users (with Cloud Antivirus) and corporate clients (with Panda Cloud Protection)”.
Scott D. Anthony, General Manager of Innosight Ventures and member of the awards jury says: “An economic downturn simply couldn’t constrain the awesome innovation energy that exists around the world. It gives one a lot of hope for the future. A number of the applicants have the potential to literally change the world”.
This year, the Wall Street Journal received 597 candidates from companies, organizations and individuals across 30 countries. Editors of the Journal evaluated the candidates, sending just 275 to the panel of judges, made up of individuals from research institutions, venture capital firms and other companies. The jury finally chose 49 candidates deserving of this prestigious award.
Applications were assessed on the following criteria:
- Does the innovation break with conventional ideas or processes in its field?
- Does it go beyond marginal improvements on something that already exists?
- Will it have a wide impact on future technology in its field or in other fields?
The awards will be presented at a dual ceremony: on October 14 in Copenhagen, and November 3, in Redwood City, California. The latter will be part of the Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech Conference.