You can uninstall the Panda Adaptive Defense or Endpoint Protection software manually from the operating system?s control panel, or remotely from the Computers area or from the Computer protection status and Licenses lists. Manual uninstallation
The Panda Adaptive Defense or Endpoint Protection
software can be manually uninstalled by end users themselves, provided the administrator has not set an uninstallation password when configuring the security profile for the computer in question. If an uninstallation password has been set, the end user will need authorization or the necessary credentials to uninstall the protection.
Installing Panda Adaptive Defense or Endpoint Protection products
actually installs multiple independent programs depending on the target platform:
- Windows and macOS computers: agent and protection.
- Linux computers: agent, protection and kernel module.
- Android devices: protection.
To completely uninstall the software, all modules must be removed. If only the protection module is uninstalled, the agent will install it again after some time.
- On Windows:
- On Windows 8 and later: Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
Alternatively, type 'uninstall a program' at the Windows Start Screen.
- On Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and later: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall or change a program.
- On Windows XP: Control Panel > Add or remove programs.
- During the uninstallation process, some files or libraries might not be completely removed, causing errors.
In a case like that, it is necessary to use the tool provided by Panda Security to completely uninstall the agent and protection. Please follow the steps below:
- Download and unzip the file dg_aether.zip (password panda).
- First, run the agent removal file DG_AETHER.exe file and restart the computer.
- Next, run the protection removal file DG_PANDAPROT_8_XX.exe and restart the computer.
- The uninstallation process may take a few minutes. Once it is complete, restart the computer.
- On macOS: Finder > Applications > Drag the icon of the protection to uninstall to the recycle bin, or run the following command:
sudo sh /Applications/Protection-Agent.app/Contents/uninstall.sh
Dragging the icon to the recycle bin doesn't uninstall the agent. To remove it, you have to run the following command:
sudo sh /Applications/Management-Agent.app/Contents/uninstall.sh
- On Android devices:
- Go to Settings, Security > Device administrators
- Clear the Panda Adaptive Defense 360 checkbox. Then, tap Disable > OK.
- Back in the Settings window, tap Apps.
- Click the product, for example, Panda Panda Endpoint Protection > Uninstall > OK.
- On Linux: On Linux, use the desktop environment to manage the packages included in the distribution.
- Fedora: Activities > Software > Installed
- Ubuntu: Ubuntu software> Installed
We recommend using the command line to uninstall the product:
- Agent: sudo dpkg -r management-agent
- Kernel: sudo dpkg -r protection-agent-dkms
- Protection: sudo dpkg -r protection-agent-corporate
- Fedora (replace version with the package build by pressing the TAB key)
- Agent: sudo dnf remove management-agent-version
- Kernel: sudo dnf remove protection-agent-dkms-version
- Protection: sudo dnf remove protection-agent-corporate-version
Follow these steps to remotely uninstall the software from a Windows computer:
- Access the Computers area (or the Licenses or Computer protection status lists), and select the checkboxes of the computers whose protection you want to uninstall.
- From the action bar, click the Delete button. A confirmation window will be displayed.
- In the confirmation window, select the Uninstall the Panda agent from the selected computers checkbox to completely remove the Panda Adaptive Defense or Endpoint Protection software.
Once uninstalled, all data associated with the computers will disappear from the management console and its different counters (malware detected, URLs blocked, emails filtered, devices blocked, etc.). However, all that information will be retrieved as soon as you reinstall the Panda Adaptive Defense or Endpoint Protection
NOTE: Remote uninstallation is only supported on Windows platforms. On Linux and macOS platforms, the affected computer and its associated information will be removed from the management console and its counters, but they will immediately reappear in the next discovery task.