During the activation of your Panda Cloud Antivirus, you may encounter an error message. Find below how to resolve them:
Error code 0001:0005
In order to solve the problems related to the error code 0001:0005 during the activation of Panda Cloud Antivirus, the option UAC (User Account Control) protection must be disabled. This solution is only applicable to Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems.
Note: Disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system, so don´t forget to re-enable the UAC option as indicated in the instructions.
- Access the Control Panel.
- Type in UAC in the search box and click Enter.
- In User accounts, click the link Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.
- On the next screen, uncheck the box Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer. Then, click OK.
IMPORTANT: reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Launch the activation wizard again in order to verify it the problem has been solved.
- Now, re-enable the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option again. Then, click OK.
Reboot the computer.
Instructions for advanced users
This method consists on using the msconfig system tool:
- Click the Vista start up icon (Windows logo).
- Type in msconfig in the Run menu.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Scroll down till you find the Disable UAC option.
- Click that line.
- Press the Launch button.
A CMD window will open. When the command is done, close the window.
- Close msconfig.
Important!: Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
- Launch the activation wizard again in order to verify if the problem has been solved.
In order to re-enable UAC, select the Enable UAC line and then click the Launch button.
For more information, refer to the Microsoft TechNet portal on UAC security protection.
Error code 0005:0002
It has been detected that when activating Panda Cloud Antivirus, if Internet Explorer is configured to Work offline, the activation process cannot be carried out.
For the program to correctly connect to the server and be able to perform the updates you have to disable this option. To do so, open the Internet Explorer browser, click File and uncheck Work offline.
To know whether the option has been correctly unchecked, make sure the following Windows Registry entries have zero value (0). Follow the steps below:
- Click the Windows Start icon, Run, type in regedit and click OK.
- Locate the following registry entries by deploying the folders:
- Select the Internet Settings entry from the panel on the left and check that the GlobalUserOffline entry is displayed on the right.
- If there is no GlobalUserOffline entry, the Internet Explorer has not been configured to browse in offline mode (without connection).
- If there is, check that the value in the Value column is 0x00000000 (0).
- If the value is 0x00000000 (1), it means your Internet Explorer is still in offline mode. You must therefore double click the GlobalUserOffline entry, change the Value data field from 1 to 0 and click OK.
Error 12029 when updating
To solve this error, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to Start and select Run, type notepad and press OK.
- Go to the File menu and select Open and browse to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\
- Select from the bottom drop down files of types and select all types.
- Select the hosts file.
- Modify the file content so that the only lines not starting by a # are the following:
Note: the lines starting by # in the hosts file are comments.
It is possible that the file has several lines in blank between the comments and the content.
- Go to the File menu and select Save.
- Open the antivirus and click Last updated on the program´s main screen. Select License data on the left panel and click Update now. Follow the steps indicated by the wizard.
- Go to the Scan tab and click Full scan.
For more information, refer to the following Hosts file article.
Error code 0005:19009
- Go to the Internet Explorer settings. To do this, once the antivirus is open, go to Tools -> Internet Options.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Click LAN Settings.
- Check that the proxy options are not enabled (if you do not have a proxy).
- Now open the antivirus and click the date the program was last updated.
- Click Proxy settings in the new window and verify that all the checkboxes are cleared. If any of them are checked or contain text, clear the box and delete the text.
- Try activating the antivirus again and verify it works.
Error code 0006:0903
This error appears when a wrong activation code is typed during the activation process.
To solve this error, follow the instructions below:
- Open the activation wizard and click Next.
- Write down your activation code. Make sure that it is correctly typed. If you don’t remember this data, check out the web article how to retrieve my client details.
- Enter your email address and follow the instructions from the wizard.
- After completing all of these steps, you will see that the activating process finishes successfully.
Error code 0006:0906
Error code 0006:0906 means that the limit of activations of your product has been exceeded.
In the case of a paid version, once the limited of activation is reached, you can reallocate the used license from you Panda Account. In order to do so, follow these steps:
- Access your Panda Account by clicking here.
- Enter your email address and password and click Log in.
- If you have forgotten your password to access your Panda Account, click option Forgot your password?
You will then be prompted to enter the email address associated with your Panda Account and you will receive instructions on how to change your password.
- If you still haven´t created your Panda Account, select Create new account.
If you have problems with your Panda Account, refer to the Support article Troubleshooting Issues with the Panda Account of Panda Cloud Antivirus
- Once you log in, under My Products:
You will see the following alert message You have reached the maximum number of activations allowed. Click the Release button to reassign licenses.
- When this process finishes, activate your product again.
If you are installing a trial version, please bear in mind that this kind of versions can only be installed once.
If you want to continue using your Panda Cloud Antivirus, we recommend that you to purchase the full product version.