Requirements for accessing the Administration ConsoleADAPTIVE DEFENSE/ADAPTIVE DEFENSE 360
Select your product to check the installation requirements:
Minimum requirements for the agent and protection
ENDPOINT PROTECTION/ENDPOINT PROTECTION PLUSMinimum requirements for the agent and for the protection
Requirements for accessing the administration console
Processor: Pentium 300 MHz or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
- Space for the installation: 500 MB
Others: On computers running earlier versions of Windows XP+ SP2 or Windows 2003 Server + SP1:
Windows Installer 2.0 (yet, Windows Installer 3.0 is recommended if you want to uninstall remotely)
Disable the Windows firewall or configure the exception File and printer sharing (Start > Settings > Control panel> Network connections > Local area connections > (right button) Properties > General).
To have Use simple file sharing disabled (on Windows XP, Tools > Folder Options > View> Use simple file sharing).
Operating systems: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista (32 and 64 bits), Windows XP SP2 and higher (32 bits).
Operating systems: Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 (32 y 64 bits), Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 (32, 64 bits and R2), Windows Home Server.
RAM: 256 MB
Other compatible applications:
VMWare ESX 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x
VMWare Workstation 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x and 12.x
Virtual PC 6.x
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 and 2016 3.0
Citrix XenDesktop 5.x, 6.x y 7.x, XenClient 4.x y 5.x, XenServer and XenApp 5.x, 6.x and 7.x
Minimum requirements to protect Exchange Servers protection (only in Endpoint Protection Plus/Adaptive Defense 360)
- Hardware requirements: The hardware requirements to install the Exchange Server protection are determined according to the Exchange Server specifications:
- Versions protected by the Exchange Servers protection in Endpoint Protection Plus: Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Roles in which the Exchange Servers protection is installed (Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010):
- Hub Transport
- Edge Transport
- Roles in which Exchange Server protection is installed in Exchange 2013 and 2016:
- Operating Systems supported:
- Exchange 2003: Windows Server 2003 32 bits SP1+ and Windows Server 2003 R2 32 bits
- Exchange 2007: Windows Server 2003 64 bits SP1+, Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bits, Windows 2008 64 bits and Windows 2008 R2
- Exchange 2010: Windows 2008 64 bits and Windows 2008 R2
- Exchange 2013: Windows 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Exchange 2016: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016*.
Note 1: To deploy the protection from the distribution tool to machines with Windows 7, Windows server 2008 R2 or higher, you must enable the option Enable remote management of the server from another computer. This option is disabled by default, and is required to be enabled and allowed by the firewall. To enable this option, follow the instructions specified in the following Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976839
Note 2: Installation of the firewall is not supported on Windows Server 2008 with NLB in PCOP 5.x versions. For more information, refer to the following article about how to avoid loss of communication on a Windows Server 2008 cluster with Network Load Balancing (NLB) and install the protection.