Panda for Desktops and Panda for File Servers incorporate cloud-based scan to maximize detection.
However, on certain occasions or on certain computers it might be advisable to disable cloud scanning. Panda Security’s BkgScanTool, is a command-line tool that lets you perform the following actions:
- Download BkgScanTool.zip file
- Unzip the file to obtaine BkgScanTool.exe
Parameters* and actions
- BkgScanTool /CLOUD:ON – Enables cloud-based scanning.
- BkgScanTool /CLOUD:OFF– Disables cloud-based scanning.
- BkgScanTool /MEM:ON – Enables background memory scanning.
- BkgScanTool /MEM:OFF – Disables background memory scanning.
- BkgScanTool /DISK:ON – Enables background disk scanning.
- BkgScanTool /DISK:OFF – Disables background disk scanning.
- BkgScanTool /ALL:ON – Enables background memory and disk scanning.
- BkgScanTool /ALL:OFF – Disables background memory and disk scanning.
- BkgScanTool /MEMFREQ:Value – Sets the frequency in hours (Value) of background memory scans. The default value is 2 hours.
- BkgScanTool /DISKFREQ:Value – Sets the frequency in hours (Value) of background disk scans. By default, this scan is launched every 24h in the case of workstations and every week in the case of servers.
- BkgScanTool /DEBUG – Shows the actions carried out by BkgScanTool.
- BkgScanTool /? – Displays the BkgScanTool Help file.
*Parameters are case sensitive.
Carrying out these commands will sometimes require an automatic restart of the Panda Software Controller service.
A command may take more than one parameter simultaneously. Let’s look at the following example:
BkgScanTool /MEM:ON /DISK:OFF /MEMFREQ:4 /DEBUG
This command launches a background memory scan every four hours and disables background disk scans. It also displays the actions taking place.
Panda Software Controller Service restart and results
If you use the option /DEBUG, the following results may be returned:
- OK – All requested actions have taken place correctly.
- Error – An error has occurred.
- Service restart needed – The Panda Software Controller service needs restarting but the tool could not restart it automatically.
- Bad params – Indicates that some of the command parameters have been entered incorrectly.
For more information about cloud-based scanning, refer to Which Panda for Desktops and Panda for File Servers scans include cloud scanning?