Installing Panda AdminSecure consists of three basic steps:
- Install Panda AdminSecure
- Distribute the communications agent
- Install the protection
Panda AdminSecure is the centralized administration tool for the protection installed on all the workstations and file servers across your network.
Steps to install Panda AdminSecure
Once you have decided in which computer you will install AdminSecure, insert the Corporate Solutions CD in the CD-ROM or DVD drive. The installation program will run automatically. If this option (autorun) is not enabled on your computer, run the autorun.exe program, which is in the root directory of the CD.
Once you have run autorun.exe, you will see a short animation and then the menu will appear. Follow these steps:
- Select the Language for the installation guide from those available in the menu.
- Select AdminSecure.
- The installation wizard welcome screen appears, click Next to continue.
- The License agreement window will appear. Read it carefully, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
If you do not accept the terms, the installation process will be canceled.
- Enter or edit your User name or Password. Click Next to continue.
If you have forgotten your details, access the User name/password reminder site.
If you do not have them at the moment, you can continue with installation. However, remember that you will need them to update the product or access associated services.
- Select Install Panda AdminSecure and click Next.
- Select either Simple installation or Customized installation, and click Next.
In a Customized installation of Panda AdminSecure, you can configure different aspects of the databases. Read more information on databases.
When there is already an SQL Server 7 installed on the computer, you can only perform a customized installation by selecting this SQL Server 7. This is due to an incompatibility problem between SQL Server 7 and the MSDE 2000 SP3 incorporated in Panda AdminSecure.
- A screen in which you can select the folder to install Panda AdminSecure is displayed. Click Next to install it in the recommended directory.
If you want to change the default installation directory, click Browse..., select the folder you want and click Next.
- The program will start installing the different program features. This process may take several minutes. It is recommendable to keep other programs closed, so that they do not interfere in the configuration or slow down the process.
- Finally, a window with the results of the installation process is displayed.
Remember that you might need to restart the computer to complete installation.
Deploying the communications agent
Until the communications agent has been installed in the computers across the network, only the computer with Panda AdminSecure installed will be visible in the console. Read more information on how to deploy the communications agent across your network.
Installing the protections
When the communications agent has been installed, the computers will be displayed in the Panda AdminSecure console, and then you will be able to install the corresponding protection on them.