Panda GateDefender Performa lets you create several P2P/IM/VoIP filtering settings and assign them to several user profiles. This way, the network administrator can adjust the settings of the appliance in line with the different types of users protected by GateDefender Performa.
These settings will only apply to the highest security level, as the protection level is set according to the default settings.
Configuration by profiles for HTTP using the explicit proxy with the local database
- Open the Web administration console.
- Go to Settings >> System >> Domain users.
- In Local groups and users add the domain users and create a group with its corresponding members.
- If there is no proxy in the network, the explicit proxy included in GateDefender should be configured. To do this, in Settings >> System >> General, configure an explicit proxy and select Use authentication (Basic).
- Go to Settings >> Protection >> Profiles >> List of settings and add a new profile:
- Then you have to configure a new definition for the protections that will be associated to this profile (user or group).
- Go to Settings >> System >> Domain users, select User authentication and add a server with validation and select LocalUsers as LDAP server. You must also select the protocol to which the filter is to be applied. For this example HTTP/HTTPs:
Note: The IP will be the IP of the explicit proxy defined previously: 192.168.1.249