If Panda GateDefender Performa is not operating on the network infrastructure along with a proxy, you will have to enable the internal (explicit) proxy for the various HTTP/HTTPs protection profiles depending on the user.
Steps to enable and configure the explicit proxy server
- Open Panda GateDefender Performa administration web console.
- Go to Settings >> System >> General andselect Explicit proxy.
- Select the Enable operation as proxy for HTTP/HTTPS checkbox.
- Then, enter the following data:
- Proxy IP address
- Network mask
- HTTP and HTTPs ports on which the proxy will listen.
If you configure the proxy with an IP that already exists on the network, a duplicate IP event is generated, which you will see in the System Report screen, and a warning that will appear in the Status screen.
- Select the Use authentication checkbox and click Select users to configure the groups that can use the internal proxy.
- Additionally, it is also possible to enable a page cache to increase browsing speed (the cache size is 1024 MB). Use the Clear button to empty the cache.
Note: To enable the explicit proxy you must have previously configured the internal networks.