Implementation of high availability when Panda GateDefender Integra operates in router mode uses the VRRP protocol (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol) to provide high availability among various Linux routers.
- It provides high availability between the cluster nodes as transparently as possible and with a minimum transition time between nodes.
- It does not interfere with other instances of VRRP that are running in the same LAN.
- Minimum user intervention is required. Click here for instructions on how to install several Panda GateDefender Integra units in high availability (router mode).
- Each cluster node has enough information about the rest in order to establish communication channels. This is essential for synchronizing configuration between nodes.
- Each node knows the names and the IP addresses of the rest in order to show the status of the cluster in the console.
- It provides the infrastructure needed for the other sub-systems in the appliance to work:
- Configuration synchronization.
- Time synchronization.
For detailed information about the synchronization process, click here.
For more information about VRRP, click here.