There are various ways to shut down any of the Panda GateDefender Performa appliances, depending on the model: Panda GateDefender Performa 8050, 8100 or 8200.
Ways to shut down
- Console: The device is shut down by using the Shut down system button next to the title Shutting down the system in the console’s Tools menu.
- Switch: Some Panda GateDefender models have a switch on the back of the appliance.
- LCD: Some Panda GateDefender Performa models have an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screen, which display different shut-down options. To shut down the appliance, follow the steps below:
- Press the up-and-down arrows next to the LCD screen until the 'Shut down message' is displayed on the screen.
- Select this option by pressing the Enter button.
- The message 'Performa closing...' will be displayed for a few seconds.
- When the message 'You may shut down' appears on the screen, the shut-down process will be almost completed. Then, the LCD screen will switch off.
IMPORTANT: Remember that when you shut down Panda GateDefender Performa, network traffic will not pass through the device.
Check the table below to see the different ways to shut down the different Panda GateDefender Performa models:
WAYS TO SHUT DOWN
| || Console || Switch || LCD |
| Performa/8050|| X*|| X|| -|
| Performa/8100|| X|| X|| X|
| Performa/8200|| X**|| -|| X**|
*Shutting down the appliance from the console requires you to also press the switch on the back of the device. Otherwise, even if the software shuts down correctly, the hardware will remain switched on.
**After shutting down Performa 8200, either from the console or from the LCD screen, the message 'You may shutdown' is displayed. To complete the shut-down process, you must disconnect the power cable, since this appliance does not have a switch.
Also, a bug has been detected in version 2.03.01 of Panda GateDefender Performa, which causes the appliance to keep displaying the message 'Performa Closing' while never getting to show the final 'You may shutdown' message. This bug will be fixed in the next Panda GateDefender Performa version.