Sometimes, the traffic sent from certain servers, computers or domains offer enough guarantees to be excluded from the scans. Panda GateDefender Performa can apply these exclusions to both the content-filter and anti-malware scan.
By excluding this traffic from the scans, the workload of Panda GateDefender Performa is reduced and its performance is optimized.
Similarly, the sites and domains configured in the anti-malware protection will be applied to the anti-malware protection and those configured in the content-filter protection will only be used in the content-filter protection.
Steps to exclude trusted sites and domains from the scans
- Select the Protection settings option in the menu on the left of the web administration console.
- Click on Content-filter protection or Anti-malware protection, depending on the exclusions you want to configure.
- Select Trusted sites.
- The window displayed shows the trusted sites and domains configured to date.
- In order to add a new trusted domain (for example, www.pandasecurity.com), computer or site (for example, 192.168.1.200), enter it in the New textbox and click on the Add button.
- In order to delete a trusted site or domain from the list, select it in the large textbox and click on the Delete button.
- If you want to import a list of domains or IPs, click on Import list.
- If you want to export your list of domains or IPs, click on Export list.
- Click on Save.
After you have completed these steps, Panda GateDefender Performa will not scan traffic from those domains, servers or computers for malware.
Correct format for entering a trusted site or domain
- For websites: enter the full URL (for example, mail.pandasoftware.com), or the IP address (for example, 192.168.1.200 ).
- For domains or sub-domains: enter an asterisk (for example: *.subdomain.domain.com or *.pandasoftware.com, etc.).
Note: in the anti-malware protection trusted domains only apply to HTTP.
If you do not want to enter the sub-domains, you do not need to use the asterisk (for example, pandasoftware.com).