Web filtering: Put an end to non-business and potentially dangerous web content
The Internet is an essential source of information. Companies need the Internet to access data and key professional services.
However, much of the content on the Web is non-business related. This content can have serious repercussions for a business. It can affect the working environment and performance, and even jeopardize corporate image if certain content is reproduced or forwarded by employees. The statistics are alarming:
- Between 30 and 40 percent of Internet use is non work-related.
- In a recent study* 77% percent of employees admitted to using social networks during working hours (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Seventy percent of access to pornographic website is during work hours.
*Source: Panda Security 2010
Web filtering in operation
Implementation. Involves the following phases:
- Installation: Takes no more than 15 minutes thanks to the ease-of-use of the console. Simply select the categories of restricted content.
- Supervising access: Lets you manually supervise individual access to the Internet.
- Real-time analysis: URLs are dynamically filtered in real-time.
- WebLearn: All visited URL´s from inside the network are registered and categorized adapting the protection to the organization's real Internet use.
Administrators can adapt filtering policies in accordance with the results.
- Filtering by users and groups: Different policies can be set for different users or groups.
- VIP User list: A list of users exempt from the Web filtering can be defined.
- Web access control: Hours of Web Filter restriction can be marked.
- Increased productivity. Prevents employees wasting time on the Internet.
- Optimizes bandwidth: Prevents access to inappropriate pages, increasing resources available for productive use.
- Increased business control. In-depth reports give companies an insight into all web activity (denied and allowed), who visited what website and when.
- Prevents damage to the corporate image and minimize legal risks. Prevents access to inappropriate and even illegal content. Such content can severely jeopardize public image or even have legal repercussions.