What kind of help do you need?
(Example:“Panda AdminSecure”, “2093 error”)
How are end users notified in PCIP when viruses (or other content) are blocked?
Information applies to:
|Panda Cloud Internet Protection|
Panda Cloud Internet Security returns a page, in almost all instances, in the end user’s browser when access to certain Internet pages or resources has been blocked.
Some examples when notifications are generated are:
- Situation: A user tries to navigate to a web page that attempts to download a virus
PCIP action: the requested page is not loaded and PCIP displays a page indicating that a virus was detected and blocked.
- Situation: A user User tries to navigate to a prohibited web site
PCIP action: the requested page is not loaded and PCIP displays a page indicating that the URL is prohibited per company policy.
- Situation: A user User tries view a YouTube (or Metacafe….) video
PCIP action: if the user’s time or bandwidth quota has been reached, the page containing the video is not returned. Instead, PCIP returns a page explaining that a time or bandwidth quota has been reached.
- Situation: A user User tries to upload a post to a social network/blogging site
PCIP action: if a policy prohibits posting, PCIP pops up an alert window indicating that, per company policy, posting is prohibited.
- Situation: A user User tries to chat in an instant message program
PCIP action: if a policy prohibits chatting or file transfers in instant messaging applications, PCIP displays an error message in the ‘conversation’ window of the application stating that, per company policy, this is not allowed.
- Situation: A user User tries to send webmail with file attachments
PCIP action: if a policy prohibits webmail or webmail attachments, PCIP pops up an alert window indicating that webmail or attachments are prohibited.
The HTTP end user notifications can also be customized by adding personal messages, the company logo and even contact info for additional support.
Help nº- 20100414 90806 EN