What kind of help do you need?
(Example:“Panda AdminSecure”, “2093 error”)
Which Panda Security for Desktops and Panda Security for File Servers scans include cloud scanning?
Information applies to:
|Panda for Desktops|
|Panda for File Servers (Windows)|
From version 4.07 of Panda Security for Desktops and version 8.07 of Panda Security for File Servers, the solution includes cloud scanning in the following types of scans:
- User scan: Any type of scan launched from the bear icon in the notifications area, or by right-clicking an item and selecting the Scan option.
- Scheduled scans: Any type of scan launched from the Panda AdminSecure console.
- Background scan: Scans scheduled by Panda whose aim is to scan areas of the computer where malware is usually stored. There are two types of scans:
- Memory scan: This scan is responsible for scanning the processes that are loaded in memory, in addition to registry traces and cookies. This scan is launched every 2 hours. If the computer cannot send queries to the cloud (either because it is disabled or there is no Internet connection), the scan will not be performed every 2 hours, it will be done once the signature file or express signature file has been updated.
- Disk scan: This scan is responsible for scanning the system paths where malware is usually installed. These are:
- The root directory of all local drives
- The profile of all logged-in users
- Temporary system folder
- Windows folder (non-recursively)
- System32 folder
This scan is launched every 24h in the case of workstations and every week in the case of servers. If the computer cannot send queries to the cloud (either because it is disabled or there is no Internet connection), the scans will be performed every 48 hours (workstations) or two weeks (servers).
The scans scheduled by Panda (memory and disk scans) are launched 30 minutes after the computer has been started at a random time during a one-hour period.
What is the 'Cloud' and what is Collective Intelligence in Panda AdminSecure?
Help nº- 20121210 40065 EN