Among other features, this new release includes geolocation and anti-theft protection, allowing users to remotely locate, lock and erase the contents of their devices:
- Device locator. Tracks and displays on a map lost or stolen tablets or smartphones.
- Remote lock. Locks the device to prevent others from using it.
- Remote wipe. Erases all data on the device, preventing access to all the information stored on it or on its SD memory cards.
Optimized Display on Tablets
Additionally, the new version of Panda Mobile Security boasts an improved interface specifically optimized for Android tablets. Also, the option to send questions and suggestions to technical support has been enhanced as well.
“Panda Mobile Security 1.1 ensures maximum protection for Android devices thanks to a range of new features: geolocation, anti-theft, improved antivirus protection and privacy auditor. According to data published by the prestigious laboratory AV-TEST, by June 2013 there were already over 900,000 different strains of malware for Android in circulation. In this scenario it is essential to have a security solution that provides complete protection for this platform”, said Hervé Lambert, Retail Product Marketing Manager at Panda Security.
Panda Mobile Security 1.1 includes:
- Antivirus protection: Scans newly installed apps on demand and before they are first used. Also scans memory card content.
- Protection against downloaded threats: Scans apps and app updates for threats and unwanted apps, without affecting device performance.
- SD card scan: Automatically scans SD memory cards for potential threats.
- Privacy auditor: Checks and displays the access permissions of installed apps.
- Process manager (task killer): Analyzes the activity of the apps installed on the device, and reports on their size, CPU utilization and memory usage, with the option to block them if necessary.
- Remote locator: Tracks and maps the location of lost or stolen devices (tablets or smartphones) in real time.
- Remote lock. Instantly locks lost or stolen devices to prevent others from using them or accessing personal information, even if the SIM card is removed.
- Remote wipe: Erases all data on the device, preventing access to all the information stored on it or on its SD memory card.
Everyday, PandaLabs, Panda Security’s malware analysis and detection laboratory receives some 206,000 new files to analyze. Of these, around 74,000 are new malware strains that the company’s Collective Intelligence system can analyze, classify and remedy automatically in 99.6 percent of all cases. “Additionally, our Collective Intelligence system gathers information on malware from the worldwide Panda community to continuously improve protection levels for all our users. All our solutions benefit from this vast source of knowledge and experience, offering users a much faster response to the new malware detected every day, regardless of the platform”, concluded Lambert.