The following issues have been detected by our beta testers which should be taken into consideration.
Installation / Uninstallation Issues
- During an incomplete uninstall, after reboot, the uninstall process cannot be finished. SOLUTION: Weâ€™re creating an uninstaller, but in the meantime please send us the log that is shown in the warning message.
- Cannot install after an incomplete install. SOLUTION: Weâ€™re creating an uninstaller, but in the meantime please send us the log that is shown in the warning message.
- Error while re-installing as a file cache is in use. SOLUTION: click â€œRetryâ€ and allow the installation process to finish. It will complete successfully in spite of the warning message.
- Report takes a long time to show over 10.000 detections. WORKAROUND: as the Panda Cloud Antivirus Log is saved in the Windows Event Viewer, delete the corresponding Event Viewer Log before launching an on-demand scan over many files to help improve the responsiveness of the report viewer.
- The Recycle Bin (quarantine) takes a long time to show when there are many items in it.
- In the Event Report the name of the detected malware is shown as â€œNot availableâ€. This means that either Internet connectivity was lost during the synchronization with Collective Intelligence or the malware naming webservice is not responding correctly.
Detection & Disinfection Issues
- Boot scan not performing correctly.
- Infected PE files which are not file-infectors and which are downloaded via HTTP, the product prompts for reboot disinfection even though it’s not really necessary.
- In infected compressed or packed containers which hold multiple elements, where at least one is infected, the product prompts for reboot disinfection even though it’s not really necessary.
- In some cases after disinfecting a file-infector virus the product notifies as “not neutralized” even though it was disinfected correctly and vice versa (in the case where the virus is in memory or the user does not have write-access to the directory respectively).
- Does not intercept nested Office file formats.
- When launching and on-demand scan over a very large number of malware samples the scan may be stuck at 99% of completion. SOLUTION: Disable BackgroundScan (will post details soon on how to do this).
As always we appreciate and welcome testing feedback so please keep them coming at firstname.lastname@example.org or in the form of comments on this blog.