Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Effects: ||It allows hackers to scan IP addresses and ports, as well as to control a Trojan called Netbus.
|Detection updated on:||June 4, 2003|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Bitchin is a Trojan that allows hackers to scan IP addresses and ports. In addition, Bitchin incorporates one module that allows hackers to control another Trojan called Netbus.
The module that makes it possible to control the Netbus trojan allows hackers to carry out the following actions (among others) on the computers affected by the Netbus Trojan:
- It opens and closes the CD-ROM tray.
- It sends out a large number of mesages.
- It obtains information from the affected computer.
- It captures screenshots.
The following are some of the signs of the presence of Bitchin on the affected computer:
- The CD-ROM tray opens and closes without apparent reason.
- The affected computer attemps to connect to an Internet address, without user intervention.
- Images are displayed on the screen.