Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
, across the Internet, via mapped drives, through shared network resources, by infecting files that are then distributed.
|First detected on:||March 25, 2010|
|Detection updated on:||March 25, 2010|
P2Pworm.HY is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
P2Pworm.HY uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.
- Computer networks (shared resources): it creates copies of itself in shared network resources to which it has access.
- File infection: it infects different types of files, which are then distributed through any of the usual means: floppy disks, email messages with attachments, Internet download, files transferred via FTP, IRC channels, P2P file sharing networks, etc.