Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out several modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the computer from working properly. It disables several applications such as the Task Manager and the Windows Registry Editor. It prevents the Desktop wallpapers from being modified. It spreads via mapped and removable drives.
|First detected on:||Sept. 24, 2007|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 24, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Brocat.B is a worm that carries out several modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the user from working with the computer as usual.
These modifications prevents the user from carrying out the following actions, among others:
- Viewing the processes that are being run through the Task Manager.
- Modifying the configuration of the features of the folders.
- Modifying Desktop wallpapers.
Brocat.B spreads via mapped and removable drives, making copies of itself.
Brocat.B is easy to recognize, as it displays the following symptoms:
- It reaches the computer in a file with the name LOVE_IS_CINTA.EXE and that has the icon of a heart:
- When it is run, periodically it displays a dialogue box in order to log off the computer: