Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It infects and overwrites files in the affected computer and in the network to which it is connected. It displays a message on screen. It moves Desktop icons. It closes the ZoneAlarm firewall window.
|Detection updated on:||April 27, 2009|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Magistr.B is a worm that spreads very quickly via:
- E-mail messages. These messages are automatically sent to all the e-mail addresses in the affected computer.
- Computer networks, whose workstations share files with an EXE or SCR extension.
Magistr.B is particularly dangerous, as it has a wide range of damaging effects:
- It renders files unusable by inserting the text YOUARESHIT inside them.
- It destroys files with a NTZ extension.
- It deletes and overwrites sectors of the hard drive.
Magistr.B also has other effects: it displays the following message on screen: Another haughty bloodsucker..., moves Desktop icons and closes the ZoneAlarm firewall window (if it is installed on the affected computer).
A clear indication that you have been infected by Magistr.B is the following message displayed on screen:
Another haughty bloodsucker
YOU THINK YOU ARE GOD, BUT YOU ARE ONLY A CHUNK OF SHIT