Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
, via email.
|First detected on:||March 3, 2007|
|Detection updated on:||March 6, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Spamta.UF is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
Spamta.UF uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: SpamtaLoad.DR.
Spamta.UF is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.