Radoppan.O is a virus that spreads to other computers by copying its code to other files or programs.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It injects itself in running processes.
Radoppan.O uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Radoppan.B, Radoppan.B.
Radoppan.O uses the following infection strategies:
- Resident: once it has been run, the virus goes memory resident and stops functions belonging to the operating system. Therefore, every time the operating system or an application tries to access any of these functions, the virus will activate and infect new files.