Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It generates a large amount of network traffic activity with the consequent consumption of bandwidth.
It changes system permissions.
It downloads files from several websites.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
It uses anti-monitoring techniques in order to prevent it being detected by antivirus companies.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||Aug. 25, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Aug. 25, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Mitglieder.KG is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes system permissions, decreasing the security level.
Mitglieder.KG accesses several websites to download files, which it then runs. These can be any type of file, although they are normally malware.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It injects itself in running processes.
It uses several methods in order to avoid detection by antivirus companies:
- It terminates its own execution if it detects that a memory dump program is running, such as Procdump.
Mitglieder.KG uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
Mitglieder.KG is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.