Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It sends the information it has captured to a remote user.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
It opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer.
It downloads files from several websites.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||June 4, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||June 4, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Lootseek.DA is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
It sends the gathered information to a remote user by any available means: email, FTP, etc.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
- On remote sites: it mass mails junk mail (spam).
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer and takes action that compromises user confidentiality.
Lootseek.DA accesses several websites to download files, which it then runs. These can be any type of file, although they are normally malware.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
Lootseek.DA uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.