Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It changes system permissions.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||April 20, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||April 20, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Ruins.L is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes system permissions, decreasing the security level.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It injects itself in running processes.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
Ruins.L uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.